Shaped Ccanvas

Shaped Ccanvas
Shaped Cnavas

Friday, September 30, 2011

Group Critique - Friday, Sept 23rd, 2011

The visit to my studio to critique my work went very well. My shaped canvases seem to be captivating, drawing people in, forcing them to ask: "What is it?" I felt I received some great ideas and direction from our group, which consisted of Chip, Emily, Gabby, and Chris. Chris made the suggestion that I make the organic appearance of my work more "gross". Gabby seemed to think that I needed to make them less textured, maybe smoother somehow. Alex thought the idea of me painting 2D canvas with the same type of image as the forms I am making (spines, ridges, etc.) was a great idea, and they all felt that adding this to the collection would be an interesting way to augment the shaped canvases. Chip seemed to like the idea that I was including evolution into my work, not biological evolution, but the way the work will change over time. Emily seemed to think the ball could lead to controversy, and that I should be careful about overusing it. Overall, they seemed to think I was heading in the right direction, and looked forward to seeing what the future would turn these things into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments must be approved for posting